Saturday, June 9, 2007

Chatting It Up Online

Chatting It Up Online
By Pamela Livingston
Blog #1

I found the article "Chatting It Up Online" by Pamela Livingston very interesting with a great list of websites that I plan to keep. The student must feel very important to know that they are chatting with an author who book they have read. The questions that the students ask might even give the author some ideas for their next book. While reading the article, I thought I would like to chat with the author named Terry McMillan, who wrote the book titled How Stella Got Her Groove Back. That was a great book. I cannot wait to see if she writes a book about her divorce. I had no idea that it took a lot of time and planning to have a successful chat with a large group of students.


Question #1: How many schools and teachers are conducting classroom chats with authors?

Answer #1: A lot of schools and teachers are conducting classroom chats with authors. I asked two teachers that I know back in New York and they said they have heard of it before from several teachers, but have not done it themselves.


Qustion #2: How much more money can an author make by doing classroom chats.

Answer #2: A author can make a lot of money. Having students talk about a book is another form of advertising that is free.

Marilyn Johnson

No comments: